Today I had a very strange dream. “strange” because its not everyday that I see a dream in which a shadow is standing right in front of my eyes mocking at me for losing something too precious. The shadow kept on hovering around me for an indefinite period of time and kept laughing at the way I have become, the way I have stagnated, at the way I seem to have been trapped in a web, a cobweb from where there’s no escape, at the way I have become almost insane and lost all sight of reality, at the way I am so oblivious of the fact that the world has moved on so fast , at the way I remain a mere spectator…
The shadow kept giggling at confused me. I only remember the laughs, the cold, almost pricking laughter which is so unkind that will kill anybody to death. There were hundreds, almost thousands of arrows that were being aimed at me by the shadow to ensure my death. I tried asking why. I shouted, screamed, yelled at the top of my voice in that dingy, dark and obscure place which was illuminated by the incandescent blue lights all around. I screamed to ask why it was doing this to me. Along with the eagerness to save myself wad the curiosity to know who the shadow was or at least what the shadow was. Not just mentally and vocally now, even physically I was struggling to save myself from the agony ….and the arrows. I tried using both my hands and my legs and every possible body part to unmask the shadow and bring in light from somewhere which would destroy it… but all my efforts went in vain as one arrow went right across the right side of my neck and threw me aside. I screamed for help. It only said “that serves you right”. I asked again why it was hurting me. It said “ you should have moved on you fool. There is no place for dumb spectators in this world. So you must go where you belong and rot there. Don’t you see nobody cares? Don’t you see its all about forgetting the past and moving on?”
I kept looking at it, the shadow, tried unmasking it, kept struggling and kept on listening to its voice which kept fading away. And then….another arrow that pierced through my belly. I cried aloud. But then stopped struggling. My eyes fixed on the shadow but slowly losing sight. I had stopped struggling to save myself but had not stopped trying to get its identity revealed. Although all strength had left me, my hands kept getting nearer to the shadow’s face. But then suddenly….the final blow….just when I was about to unravel the mystery, the final arrow pierced through my heart and when it did, right through my heart, I remembered cupid. And then came a smile on my face. And then I found peace. Just when I was about to close my eyes for the final time…. I saw the shadow’s face. I kept remembering cupid. I saw its face. And then came the perennial smile on my face, and two tear drops fell from both the eyes. The face was his. And as soon as I saw his face, the face of my love, the face of my life, the face of my death, I forgot all pain. There was solace in that face I saw. All the previous suffering lost all meaning instantaneously. And as I saw his face for the last time, even though it was killing me,, there was perfect happiness , that which cant be explained in words. After I shut my eyes, there was maximum satisfaction of the maximum number for I saw the face of my life when I did and after death came a beautiful life, where I DID remain another spectator, but a satisfied one, not parched., for death came at the hands of my own love. Post death, I saw rebirth of love. Post death, there was little suffering. Post death, I was content. Post death, I loved him even more…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

woh kehte hein na...that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love...
ReplyDeletetrue anonymous....
ReplyDeletethe love (hurt) is blissful this way..:);)