I wish my dreams weren’t broken,
I wish I could re-dream.
I wish my world wasn’t shattered,
I wish I could rebuild it.
I wish my life hadn’t stopped,
I wish something could keep me going.
I wish my tears hadn’t dried,
I wish I could cry a little more.
I wish my happiness wasn’t taken away,
I wish I could smile still.
I wish my trust wasn’t broken into pieces,
I wish I could rejoin the pieces.
I wish my hope wasn’t mutilated,
I wish I could hope against hope.
I wish the flowers hadn’t died,
I wish I could water the orchids again.
I wish the song hadn’t perished,
I wish I could sing the song again.
I wish the sky wasn’t dull,
I wish I could still see a rainbow up there.
I wish the birds weren’t caged,
I wish the pigeons could fly back again.
I wish the rain drops hadn’t dried,
I wish I could dance in the rain again.
I wish the books weren’t mundane,
I wish I could enjoy them again.
I wish the moon hadn’t stopped glowing,
I wish we could see it together again.
I wish the stars hadn’t stopped twinkling,
I wish they could sparkle on us again.
I wish all colors hadn’t turned black and white,
I wish I could paint my own canvas pink again.
I wish my life hadn’t gone,
I wish I could live with my life again.
I wish my words hadn’t died,
I wish I could say them again.
I wish the courage hadn’t disappeared,
I wish I could muster it back again to tell you…
That I still love you…
I wish I could…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

too beautiful......made me cry..... and meenal ur life hasnt stopped......
ReplyDeleteit was an awesum poem meenzo..loved it..i wish evn i culd ryt nythn lyk u do...
ReplyDeletehey meenal its so senti, i can actually relate it to u.. but ur life shudnt stop.. move on and see wat god has enstored for u..
ReplyDeleteUmmm.. heavy stuff... Heart-wretching absolutely...One of the best pieces I've ever read... made me cry.. N I guess tears say it all...
ReplyDelete